Monday, March 24, 2008

Danava


Alright.

Back to the face melt on rye.

For those of you in New York and Boston, this group (along with Acid Mothers Temple) will be playing tomorrow night and Wednesday night respectively (yea, I did the respectively thing). They are a questionably dressed group of Oregoners called Danava and they play loud, long and decisively.

Guitar virtuosity is rare in this, the digital music age, so when Dusty Sparkles (yea, so what?) rips shit during these 8-minute jams, we should all bow down and kiss his vintage Beatle boots. Reminiscent of Hawkwind, Stray and Magma at their best moments, Danava rips with an intensity I haven’t heard since the 70s. I mean, I wasn’t alive in the 70s, but I’ve heard some music from the 70s and sometimes it’s real good, ya know? Like real good.

Anyway, they are the jam. Not The Jam, but the jam. Jam on.

More to come.

Danava - s/t

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"Oregoners"! How morbid.

Most folks out here prefer "Oregonian."

a.kadin said...

I was gonna go with Portlandfills but i decided against.